Our Ongoing Campaigns
We are currently engaged in a number of projects, both national and local, aimed at improving the lives of older people.
The national issues include finance, welfare, equality, age discrimination and health and social care. Locally, a key area is the development of an Older Peoples' Strategic Partnership, which will identify the issues and aspirations of older people and develop a strategy to address them.
The priorities are to:
- Reduce the isolation experienced by many older people.
- Reduce the number of older people living in poverty.
- Ensure effective social care in the home is there for all those in need.
- Provide and improve transport.
- Provide and improve leisure services specifically for the elderly.
- Provide facilities that allow the elderly to continue their lifelong learning process.